Mold Treatment Centers of America - Treatment and Diagnosis of Mold Illnesses Due to Toxic Mold Exposure

If anyone has had problems with Mold Treatment Centers of America in Alpharetta, GA where you were to be diagnosed and treated for mold illnesses due to exposure to hazardous toxic mold environments, please email me at: was first (and only) seen by this treatment facility on 12/28/12 for severe mold illnesses from my exposure to hazardous toxic molds at a hotel in Horseshoe Bend, AR (Cedar Glade Resort).

After paying $3200 on 12/28/12, and being treated by ????, I was thrown off their radar screen. Michael Pugliese changed by protocol twice after the 1st month as I was not improving. For 10 days in March, I could not access the established patient line, nor could I access the journaling site that comes up immediately with your password, etc. When I complained, I was called by Lisa and was told that they had moved furniture around 10 days ago and the telephone line got disconnected (???).

When I told her that it wasn't just the phone, it was the journaling site as well, she said she would have to check with their website person. It was after March 19 that I was no longer heard from anyone, and my illness was getting worse. I made a surprise visit to them on April 12, '13 (had a witness with me), and Michael Pugliese was less than happy to see me in the facility (I live in GA, not out of state as many who come into this facility fly in from out-of-state). He was so angry that we could not even look at me.

When I started to question him, he said to me "your files are not on the premises." When I told this to my Pulmonary Doctor (a real doctor), Dr. Waldman said to me, "Where would your files be, somewhere in Canada?" I then asked for copies of all my records, and what I got were handwritten office notes, nothing on letterhead, no diagnosis (these were all records dated 12/28/12). The MD, Dr. O, sent me out of that office with stroke high BP levels (he took it 3 times).

There were no records forwarded with any changes that were made in my protocol by Michael Pugliese (2 changes made). First told to go off of the herbs given to me by Dr. Kang (the acupuncturist on 12/28/12, who, by the way is no longer be used as part the MoldTC treatment a/o March -- they threw her off their radar screen). I started to see Dr.

Kang on my own in March & April (12th) due to my severe irritability caused by the very high levels of mycotoxins found in my body. She also related information to me about MoldTC and how other patients have had to call her because they could not get through or get responses from MoldTC after becoming one of their patients. She would have to go next door to their office to find out what was going on. I have had to move to Tucson, AZ to come under a "real" mold specialist physician, Dr.

Gray in Benson, AZ. This MoldTC has been termed by the Director of the Special Investigations Unit of the GA Dept. of Health as a "criminal fraud scheme." And was told by a retired mold specialist physician who lives in Tampa, "worst place you could have gone; money making machine." The GA Dept. of Health, Julia Campbell, has had many complaints over the past year with people from out of state with questions and concerns about this facility.

Another person facebooked me and called this a "fake" place and thought it had been closed down. There are no certificates for any of these doctors on the walls; no licensing; and the only thing they could find out for Michael Pugliese were the scams he ran with his private company, Probe Environmental on Rip-Off.

Again, please email at above email address if anyone else has had problems with this facility.Thank you, Barbara Fritts

More Review Details

Helpful? 47 Yes 47 24 No 24
Had the same issue 21 Yes 21
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Nov 25 #1069374

Traceyecho, I hope you found someone real and good to treat your daughter. There is a real disconnect between the known facts of mold illness (see the CDC website), and the reaction (more like ridicule, or at best, skepticism) from the medical community if you even suggest that you think you might have a mold-related illness. We have fairly decent slides and pics of the fungus infecting my daughter. She got it when living in a wet coastal environment, in a house with moldy ducts. I am a scientist and know how to make good slides. Despite that, only one very fine country doc back home in OK even looked at them. He did his best, but felt it was too complicated, and referred her to Mayo. We are using all of our resources, with little progress. Let us know how things turned out for you.

Nov 25 #1069370 Scottsdale, Arizona

My daughter has been suffering from worsening fungal illness over the past 2 years. It began as a sinus and gum infection in Dec., 2013, following almost 9 months living in East Coast house with ductwork full of mold. She has immune compromise from previous illness. We have been tempted, and narrowly missed, going to MTC at least twice. Like others before her, she has met with great difficulty trying to get diagnosed and treated. It is HORRIBLE out there!! She got sent to Mayo in AZ about 5 mo ago, and ZERO progress has been made in diagnosis or treatment of the CLEARLY VISIBLE fungus!! A few docs have listened, but not the "decision-makers". Are you well yet, Barbara? Have you found help and respect or compassion?? We are getting desperate, and were just reconsidering about MTC/NTCED. Your words fill me with dread. We need REAL medical care!! I hope you and others here have found healing. God Bless.

Nov 08 #1060498

the NTCED is owned and operated by John D mechwart and brother to Michelle Mechwart who is married to Michael Pugliese
the same scam as Biotrek who do not have a CDC Clia number
The stole 1200 from me for *** piece of paper then ivere called back on speculation that i would go after them
they are right

Sep 11 #1032490

This happened to me in Charleston SC at COEM, a number of people contacted me that were treated the same way... How did you start this page... ? I would like to be able to find the "many" that suffered the same fate as I did... This shouldn't be allowed

Jun 25 #999586

I have gone to this Clinic and there is definitely a licensed medical doctor there who was quite knowledgeable. I als saw Michael Pugliese who is a naturopathic doctor. My protocol was stringent but I followed it very closely and I DID get better. I am very greatful for their knowledge and expertise. I would recommend them to anyone. The whiny people on the site evidently have never been there or are erroneously posting here to benefit another facility. Or they took a detour from their protocol.

Mar 09 #955769 Ellijay, Georgia

Chronic Hives, Mold Treatment Center is no longer in business. It is now National Treatment Center for Environmental Disease. Your test were probably sent to real time lab which is legit. They just got the test back and copied it onto their letterhead.

Jan 15 #931786 Albuquerque, New Mexico

UPDATE: 01-15-2015 . As per inquiries about Mold Treatment Centers of America. . . : The Mold Treatment Centers of America were a scam and are definitely gone. Their phone number shown in the video on their website, "678-943-2111" is out of business. That is now a Metro PCS of Atlanta number. The number currently listed on their web page under the Contact tab: 303-500-5032 is a Hudson, Colorado number, just outside of Denver. There is nothing but an answering machine. These people very clearly ran a third world scam and need to be hunted down. If I sound a bit angry it's because I am a survivor of severe toxic black mold poisoning. While other people around me died, I survived. I am greatly blessed to be alive. I am currently running a fund raising campaign to try and start a nonprofit to help people who have suffered the same fate as myself. Mold Treatment Centers of America has given my efforts a bad name. The URL to my campaign is In case they do not show that it's QWLLC dot com. I take this very seriously and I am in the process of rebuilding my life. I am so grateful to be alive I want to help others. Thank you.

May 06, 2014 #812430

As someone who knows the Mold Treatment Center inside and out. You are better off seeing a professional. They are NOT medically certified by any means. They purchase the testing kits from Real Time Labs and Genovia. They also have Real Time Labs and Genovia process the samples. When the results come in, they change the letterhead and put their logo on to represent that they have done all the work. They represent they are nationwide FALSE! They have 5 employees! They only mail the kits nationwide. They are scam artist, and very good at it.

Barbara Fritts

Mar 05, 2014 #791454

Google - to see all the other companies I am complaining about...Its a full time
I have now filed a small claims suit against Affordable Dentures for the football helmet they put into my mouth instead of what I purchased - the most expensive package for an upper denture.
They attempted to contact the general dentist I ended up having to go to in my town to try to get this mess straightened out after they were served the small claims papers. The general dentist's receptionist told them that they could not release anything to them without my written consent. We have what is called "Hippa Laws" today! Who the *** do they think they are, trying to obtain personal information about my treatment without my consent??
These people will stop at nothing!! I am asking that anyone who has had problems with ill-fitting dentures they purchased from Affordable Dentures and your end result to please e-mail me (Barbara Fritts) at: :
I will need all the ammunition I can get to take with me when I go to court. I will need feedback ASAP.
I have gotten some complaints printed from Pissed Consumer, but this is a hard site to print from. If there is anyone out there who has worked for this place and can add to their bait and switch program, please give me your feedback as well. This place is Cartersville, GA has even threatened other dentists in the area who have tried to help people with the pieces of *** they purchased from

Mar 04, 2014 #790794

Here is another one to STAY AWAY FROM
Dr Ritchie Shoemaker- Complaints to the Medical Board regarding aspects of the Shoemaker Protocol
View the complaints about the use of cholestyramine, online diagnostic tests, uneccessary testing, use of off label potentially toxic drugs. Read Full Complaints -
After Dr Ritchie Shoemakers recent hearing, facing a variety of charges in front of the Maryland Medical Board..the board have ordered the following reprimands. ORDER Based on foregoing Findings of Fact and Conclusions of Law, it is this __20th_ day of ____March___, 2013, by a majority of the quorum of the Board considering this case:ORDERED that the Respondent is REPRIMANDED; and it is further ORDERED that because the Respondent’s medical practice is now closed, should the Respondent resume the practice of medicine in Maryland, he shall be placed on PROBATION for a minimum of two (2) years and until he fully and satisfactorily complies with all of following terms and conditions:i. The Respondent shall notify the Board in writing prior to re-opening his office;ii. Prior to the resumption of practice, the Respondent shall obtain at his own expense a Board-approved practice monitor;iii. For the first year of probation, the practice monitor will review on a monthly basis aspects of the Respondent’s care including diagnosis, treatment and medications prescribed and appropriate referral to

mold sucks

Feb 23, 2014 #787779

There is a website by a Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine that is helpful. She is located in Florida. Since I cannot list the website on here the name is basically Toxic-Black-Mold-Syndrome. There is a support group also mentioned on the website.

mold sucks

Feb 23, 2014 #787778

There is a website for mold sickness that is helpful. The doctor whose website it is has a practice in Florida. She is a Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine. There is also support group info on the website.

Feb 22, 2014 #787675 Naperville, Illinois

Thank you for speaking OUT....the rest of us "moldies" need to know where NOT to take our health concerns. Thanks again

2 0 Reply

Jan 05, 2014 #769080

So glad I read this. I am trying to find somewhere to take my 13 year old daughter. None of the Dr.'s in Ms. seem to think mold is a real illness. I was investigating this clinic, because ATL is so close. I will not be taking her there after seeing this.

3 0 Reply
Hdd driller

Oct 28, 2013 #734172

Well sandra lucky for u cus i never herd from them again after two months. Maybe after those two months id hear from them every three months. And there isnt a single dr in there besides kang. I think ur trying to cover sum tracks. Now it seems they changed there name to treatment centers of america. Im with barbra i e talked to this investigater and ya its a scam. And u said wen sumone dies from cancer u cant get mad ur right. But the issue is once they got our money we never here from them again. My girlfriend actually works with real doctors and she studied all this paperwork and these so called drs and said also scam. U need to leave barbra alone she has dun more help for myself than mold trearment centers of america ever has

Sep 25, 2013 #721804

My name is Carla, I can't think of a way to prove to anyone that I'm not some ally or some fabricated patient created by the staff from Mold treatment centers of America, but I'm not. I am a patient with real mold illness, poisoned by mycotoxins from my home. I did a lot of research before I made my choice, I chose this treatment center because they listened to me, they explained things thoroughly, I felt like they understood me, they were the people who made me feel comfortable. Michael Pugliese seemed to have more passion and knowledge than anyone I had spoken to. There were answers for my symptoms that I didn't understand, I didn't feel alone anymore. Mold illness ruined my life, my finances, my spirit, my desire to live. It ruined important relationships, interfered with my ability to cope with stress, irritability and mood swings were under statements. I left the treatment center finally not feeling alone anymore. Treatment started right away and helped immediately. I believe in my heart, that they helped me more than any other mold specialist could, even shoemaker. Do I think their business could use improvements? Maybe so. Maybe they are slow to respond or disorganized at times; but they DO help people. And although I have not finished treatment I don't believe that this place is a scam. Five months ago I wanted to die, I am thriving and I can actually say I feel comfortable in my body again. Please don't let 10 comments ruin this facilities reputation, I truly... Show more

6 0 Reply
Sandra. G

Sep 17, 2013 #718376 Washington, District Of Columbia

I went back to the Internet and Googled the Mold Treatment Centers, because I want to send my son to go there and lost their number in our move to get away from the mold, and found what you people have written so I thought I’d share as well. So I’ll tell you my experience and what I think about this blog. In 2011, I had exhausted almost all of my financial resources I was dying, lost my job and most of my family and friends. I had been to the ER several times no help, I went from a healthy 138 down to 94 pounds, I was dying. my regular doctor I had been going to for years thought I was a lunetoone, just like everyone else. In a deathrow I found I found the Mold treatment people in GA. Instead, I went to Shoemaker first what a rude man, and after seeing him I was still sick. Later on I found the flordia wellness center was out of my reach financially 15K who can afford that??????. My church gave me the money to go to GA it was the least expensive of them all. To tell the truth, seeing anyone who is the least expensive is a horrible felling. After I got there I did hear things I did not hear before on the internet or with other dr’s. Inexpensive for medical care is scary and when we got there and to say the least it’s a small place. I saw five experienced healthcare providers. When I left, I had a feeling of warmth and caring, everyone seemed like they knew what I was going through. Frankly when I left I didn’t know if it was the truth or some kind of rip off. I did

3 0 Reply

Sep 18, 2013 #718645

Well, Sandra, if I am so insane that I need professional help, then tell me why the Georgia Composite Medical Board found probable cause to launch an investigation?? Why, because other people who experienced the same thing as I did came forward with their experience with this facility in GA. I am very glad that you got help; but many of us did not have such experience. Yes, I followed protocol, as you did; but my protocol was changed twice because I was not progressing. Could not get through to the established patient line (as others could not); could get not responses from anyone (as others experienced); it all stopped in mid-March (2 1/2 months after I started treatment (same as others experienced). Therefore, all of those who responded to my review all must be insane as I am. And to further this, I have gone through all of my reviews I put on this site about MoldTC, and there is not mention made whatsoever about my family. In order for anyone to know about my family would be someone within this facility; as this was all discussed with the Therapist, and I have never talked to a Sandra G from Washington, DC. I know every person who has contacted me about their experience with this place (and have only actually talked to 2 of them; 1 from Missouri; and 1 from MS!! All others have been through emails; and you WERE NOT one of them. So, Sandra tell me when you talked with me on the phone??? I am sending this on to the Georgia Composite Medical Board, as I believe... Show more

0 2 Reply

Sep 18, 2013 #718675

By the way, Sandra, I don't talk about my personal life with anyone other than my 2 best friends and other family members; with the exception of Dr. Weekley at MoldTC. But this has been forwarded on to the leading investigator, as I believe the information that has been revealed here is against the HIPPA Laws and has come from MoldTC; there is no other source. I have a contacts list of all those other people who experienced the same thing that I experienced with MoldTC, or anyone for that matter with whom I have talked to or emailed; and your name does not appear anywhere on my list. I have every email copied that have come from and gone to these people, and none of them seem to know about my "personal, confidential information." If I find out (and I will) that this confidential information has been revealed by MoldTC, I will pursue litigation as the HIPPA Laws were made to prevent such revelation of personal information to anyone, unless approved by the patient. And I did not give MoldTC such permission to lease this information to anyone. And like I said, I had a witness with me on 12/28/12 who heard and saw it all!!

May 05 #980322

Thank you so much for your brave comment and feedback. I plan to give them a try. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Besides, I'm broke and they take insurance!

1-20 of 28 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.